If you’re new to MULTI, you should know that we have pretty strong beliefs on how our products should function.
- We prefer synergy between our products, meaning that you’ll see ingredients such as amino acids used in different contexts to provide therapies for multiple concerns (such as bloat, and skin dryness).
- We put people first, meaning that we conduct pretty thorough research, surveys, and sampling with our target audience, which is you!
- We also employ design as a tool for a sensorial experience, which we believe should be embedded throughout wellness products.
So needless to say, our standards are pretty up there. To illustrate this, we delve pretty far into a concept called BIOMIMICRY, which is a philosophy that uses the understanding of biological processes to develop products that complement your body and skin. In our case, we target both internal and external stressors, and ask ourselves how biomimicry can be used to develop therapies around said stressors. Our upcoming Liquid Skin moisturizer is a great example, as it’s formulated with ceramides, natural moisturizing factors (NMFs), amino acids, and postbiotics, all of which are naturally occurring in your skin (except postbiotics – click back on our old blog post about biotics to understand how this functions biomimetically!).
We find this to be important because my experience as a clinical researcher has proved time and time again that bioavailable therapies tend to provide the best efficacy. While we don’t develop drugs, we do believe that the power of combining both clinical and anecdotal evidence through biomimicry is the future of wellness. As we had mentioned in our biomimetic blog post, you’ve seen it in products such as the highly praised biomimetic K18 complex, and you practice it in your everyday life, such as through taking vitamins and minerals (already produced by your body) that are designed to complement your metabolism and fill in gaps. The beauty of these examples is that these aren’t drugs - they’re therapies. Therapies are often made to not just complement your body, but also to ultimately help you feel good. And if you’ve been around with MULTI for long enough, you know that feeling good is what we’re all about. ;)
As the Chief Scientific Officer of MULTI, I can heavily confirm that we’ve been working on some really exciting stuff that we haven’t really seen that much of on the market. And the root of all of it is biomimicry! As a researcher in general, I can confidently say that this is where a lot of biotech and academic spaces are driving towards - and it’s so exciting to lead MULTI’s scientific efforts to drive down the same path. The wellness industry is ultimately a vast space with so much potential, and we are so ready to take it on, one biomimetic ingredient at a time.
Aaaaand if you want to hear more from me on biomimicry, I even did a little TikTok series on it. We'll attach the links below ☻
- Biomimicry Part 1: What is Biomimicry
- Biomimicry Part 2: Biomimicry at MULTI
- Biomimicry Part 3: Biomimicry in Gut Context
- Biomimicry Part 4: Biomimicry in OUR Product
- Biomimicry Part 5: Other Products of Biomimicry